Architects are an integral part of the construction landscape. Together with the many other working parts, the builders, developers, and consultants alike, we can shape the built form to our will. It is the decisions we make that dictate the longevity of not just our designs, but that of the resources we use to build them.
Our studio, along with Architects Declare, are committed to going carbon neutral.
We will seek to:
– Raise awareness of the climate and biodiversity emergencies and the urgent need for action amongst our clients and supply chains.
– Upgrade existing buildings for extended use as a more carbon-efficient alternative to demolition and new build whenever there is a viable choice.
– Include life cycle costing, whole-life carbon modelling, and post-occupancy evaluation as part of our basic scope of work, to reduce both embodied and operational resource use.
– Collaborate with engineers, contractors, and clients to further reduce construction waste.
– Minimise wasteful use of resources in architecture and urban planning, both in quantum and in detail.