• Designed by the noted architect, Nahum Barnet and built in two stages by Clements Langford for Frederick Dodge from 1902, the former Melbourne Sports Depot, although much altered, is of regional architectural significance for its notable decorative elements from Barnet's much-favoured tall-arch Romanesque revival phase, and for its contribution to the streetscape. The building is of historical significance as a remnant of Melbourne's foremost Edwardian sporting goods store.


  • Penthouse apartment spanning two floors and a roof top deck 


  • Originally water leaks into the dwelling caused the clients to investigate the prospect of a full renovation 


  • Demolition phase is complete

  • Investigation into the plan of subdivision revealed that the access to the  lift motor room belonged to the clients, which has led to the commissioning of a new lift enabling the footprint of the property to gain extra square meterage. 


  • Along with a complete renovation of the internal spaces, the roof top deck will be converted into a useable winter garden for the clients to enjoy. 




  • Two storey apartment, comprising of living room, two bedrooms and bath on lower floor, kitchen and dining on the upper floor.


  • Sustainability and energy efficiency were two key elements to the design and renovation process, which included removing gas from the property and the installation of all electric appliances.


  • Single glazing and the window frames were removed as the original frames had no sub sill. This resulted in water egress damaging floor finishes and adjacent surfaces. New double glazing and framing, including sub sill and threshold hobs installed in their place, along with new balcony tiles to complete the waterproofing.


  • Demolition phase is now complete and the electrical and plumbing work has been roughed in.



  • Previously a shop built on the street frontage with slayed side recess to door. The shop front is early, if not original and a rare survivor. The building is made more prominent by its siting. Original building dates back to 1881.

  • Initial stages of works focused on stabilizing the structure namely the boundary fence and all internal walls.


  • Complete restoration of the existing brick façade and structure assisted by the additional of helical ties.


  • Demolition of all out buildings and restoration of the original house.


  • ​​New kitchen, living and dining added to the rear of the property.


  • Construction of an additional separate dwelling to the rear (the loft).